The DC-1 exam is the first key step to obtaining your QKA or QPA designations. More importantly, the DC-1 provides a thorough overview of what you should know about the operations of defined contribution plans. Ilene Ferenczy and Alison Cohen, from Ferenczy Benefits Law Center, will spend two half-day sessions with you to review the materials that you will need to know in order to successfully pass the DC-1 exam (Click HERE to learn more about the DC-1 Exam). Topics covered will include:
· Basic plan qualification requirements, including plan document requirements
· Different types of qualified plans
· Eligibility, participation, vesting, forfeitures, contributions and allocations, and deductibility of contributions
· Understand highly compensated and key employee definitions, including top-heavy plans
· Plan amendments, plan termination, and annual reporting requirements
· ASPPA Code of Professional Conduct and common ethical issues you may face on the job
Attendees should purchase the DC-1 textbook and should read the materials before attending the classes (Click HERE to purchase your textbook). The purpose of the classes is to help prepare you for the exam and will be most efficient if you are already familiar with the materials. You will have the ability to ask questions throughout the sessions. You can bring your laptop to take notes, if you prefer, and copies of the presentation materials will be provided to you. Students registering for the in-person class will also receive lunch as part of the program.